USE OF THIS SITE
2. The Site is owned and operated by The Laundrette (“we” or “us”).The Laundrette is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales. Please contact us for further details.
3. Your use of the Site constitutes your binding acceptance of these Terms. If these Terms are not accepted in full, you should not access the Site and should stop using it immediately. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time by posting the modified terms on the Site and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with the most up to date Terms on accessing the Site. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the latest Terms.
4. Unless otherwise stated, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, store (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way any of the Site’s material or content (including other Contributions (as defined below) or any advertising or sponsorship), or permit or assist any third party to do the same.
5. You agree to only use the Site for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not improperly infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, the Site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, but is not limited to, conduct which is libellous, in breach of anyone’s privacy, or which may harass, cause real distress or inconvenience to any person. You further agree that you shall not (by way of example and without limitation), reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site; copy or modify the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Site; use any device, software, or procedure that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure; modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any portion of the Site; disrupt or otherwise interfere with the Site or the networks or servers used by us; impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your connection or affiliation with a person or entity; or solicit, collect or store, or attempt to solicit, collect or store, personal information about other Site users.
6. The Site may include links to third party web sites from time to time, including without limitation, selected supermarket websites and social media websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter (“Third Party Sites”). Third Party Sites with links from the Site have not been verified or reviewed by us. Your access and use of any Third Party Site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of that website. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) we are not responsible for the availability or accessibility of Third Party Sites or the content, products and/or services offered through such Third Party Sites; (b) our providing links to Third Party Sites shall not be interpreted as endorsement or approval by us of the operators of the Third Party Sites, the organizations sponsoring the Third Party Sites, or any products or services offered via the Third Party Sites; (c) we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of information, resources, or content available on or through Third Party Sites; and (d) we shall not be responsible or liable, either directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with your use or reliance on any such content, information, statements, representations, advertising, products, services or other materials available on or through Third Party Sites. If you decide to access Third Party Sites, resources or services, or transact with third parties for their products or services, you do so entirely at your own risk.
8. Subject to availability of the services (which may be based on a user’s location), users who register with the Site may purchase products through the Site that match the list of ingredients for selected recipes published on the Site. Such products may be purchased with selected retailers by clicking on the links made available on the Site, which will automatically add the ingredients to an online shopping basket with your chosen retailer (“Click To Basket”). By using the Click To Basket function you acknowledge and agree that you will be transferred to the website of your selected retailer to review and complete your purchase and shall be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of that website. You further acknowledge and agree that you may be required to hold an account with that retailer before you can progress with your purchase. Please note that all products are subject to availability. Where a product is out of stock, an alternative product may be recommended. Please note that we shall not be held responsible for the availability or suitability of the products you purchase. We urge you to carefully review the content of your shopping basket before proceeding with any purchase. If you decide to purchase any products, goods, or services from any third party website, you do so entirely at your own risk and we shall not be held responsible for any mistakes or discrepancies that may appear in your shopping basket.
10. We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
11. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
12. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
2. Personal information you are asked to supply during your use of the Site including that you supply voluntarily as part of the registration process and any other information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, our group companies, service providers and other organisations and by subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership; (ii) in making decisions about whether any Contributions you seek to upload onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; (iii) for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 10 below); and/or (iv) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
3. You may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use your details, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity.
4. Your Data supplied as part of your Membership profile will, unless we tell you otherwise, be able to be seen by other users of the Site so make sure you only provide information you are happy to be seen in this way. You can control some of the information other users see using your “profile” page.
6. The information collected on the Site includes:
- a. Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users’ interest in this Site (number of visits, etc).
- b. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer or other device and used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the Site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users’ computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
- c. Cookies also allow us to make our sites more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site.
7. We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the Site. To do this, we may use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on the Site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing companies log the information coming from the Site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used and the marketing companies do not have access to your personal data such that you can be personally identified.
9. Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality of the Site may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please click here for the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s guidelines: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html
10. There are opportunities on the website to receive e-mail communications alerting you to news and offers from us as fully explained before you subscribe. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by replying to the email using the “unsubscribe” link.
12. If you are 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site.
13. We will hold your Data and Contributions for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.
14. We endeavour to keep your Data secure; however, we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless it is due to our negligence or wilful default.
15. You have the right to access your information held by us and, where necessary, to have it amended. We may charge an administration fee of £10 and you will have to prove your identity.
16. This privacy statement may change at any time, so you may want to check back occasionally when you send us personal information. Last updated 19th January 2010.